Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kitty Heaven III



We had a ferel cat come up
when I was feeding Mo Cat
outside. I started feeding him
too. He had a nice personality
and I just loved his coloring.
He was so trusting.
I named him, Sandy Cat.




When he became trusting enough,
I took him to the vet.....
I was sad to find out he had heart
worms, his teeth were rotten,
and his heart was not in very
good condition to be such a
young cat. Mom said we didn't
have the money to take care
of him. So my first encounter
came with having to take an
animal to the Humane Society. I
prayed that someone with
money would adopt him
and take good care of him.
My heart broke when I left
him in the little courtyard
they had for them. He wanted
to go with me. The look in his
eyes was one of....my betrayal!
I cried all the way home.
It was hard for a 17 year old
to leave behind
this beautiful natured cat. I
knew in my heart they would
check him over and he would
be the first to have his life
taken due to his condition. I
should have just taken him home
and let him die of natural causes,
but mom said we wouldn't
know what pain he may have
gone through. I really should
have had the vet put him to
a peaceful sleep with me by
his side. I could only think of
the worst scenarios he must
be going through at
"the place" where most animals
are put down.
*
This is what makes me think
that our loving Lord would not
allow his creatures to go through
such hardship and there not be
an afterlife for them in God's
New Heaven and Earth.
"For all of God's Creation itself
will be delivered from its bondage
of decay and brought into the
Glorious freedom of the
children of God." Romans 8:21
*
I have had people say, "This new
earth would not be big enough to
hold all of the animals God has
created." My reply, "Who says
our earth will be the same size as
it is now? The New Jerusalem
that is to set upon the newly
created earth is to be 1400 miles
wide, 1400 miles long, and 1400
miles high! The space shuttle is
only 200 miles high! This new
City of God needs to go up 1200
miles higher!
*
God has said, "Eye has not seen, nor
ear heard, nor has it entered the
heart of man, what God has planned
for those who love Him!"
*
I believe with all my heart we will
not only see our beloved pets
again, but the beauty of all of
His animal kingdom in a fashion
we can't now comprehend!
*
With God, ALL things are possible!

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
Don't think I ever heard about Sandy. She looked pretty. How do you know the Lord didn't send someone to adopt her because you prayed???
Love ya, Nellie

Bonnie said...

I know the Lord loves them just as you do. He will provide for them now and later. Many of them will run to you when they see you again, Susie! I love your tender heart toward animals.

Hugs, B

Janet said...

Susie

My heart hurt for you when I was reading your story. As a cat lover I can only imagine your heartbreak. I do believe that we will meet up with all our pets in heaven. What a glorious day that will be.

Thanks for that wonderful post!
I love you my friend!

Janet