Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Now, 91 years old!

It doesn't seem like it has been that many dog years since I went to the Humane Society and found this beautiful little pup! But, it has been 13 years ago this day (91 for him!)






Now my "old man" has the problems of us all when we reach the age of senility. His hearing isn't so well, he can't find his way around in the dark, he just barely makes it to the edge of the driveway into the grass to take care of his business.



*



One positive note for my buddy...his smelling instinct is still as good as it always was! I can't sneak anything into the den to eat without his nose going up into the air and detecting the food I have brought in! However, the old age has his concentration on the food with every bite I take and he forgets to swallow...you know what that means! A string of slobber, yuk!



If I'm lucky, I wait until he is sleeping and wagging his tail in his sleep. THEN I sneak the food in! As I sit down to enjoy my snack I turn to see Gracie, Dolly, and Xena sitting there looking at me! It's a no win situation, or... could it be a great diet idea to sale, lol!

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Susan,
Yes, it is amazing what they can smell and hear!!
Sometimes I am trying to let Molly in off the porch when Rosie is here, and I will very quietly try to unlock the back door and open it, and I don't care how silent I think I am being, all the sudden here comes Rosie. Cracks me up!!
and yes, she hears the least crackle of paper in
the kitchen and comes a running as well. They are so funny...........

Oh, that steamer is for steaming clothes, guess I better go back and clarify that........forgot
they have steamers for your tile floors and steamer for cleaning showers and other stuff as well. It really works great, I actually steamed some napkins that had been wadded up in
the basket and really wrinkled and they came out without a wrinkle on them. So it is very good!!

Yea, I have to say Jim is a very neat worker when he does a job which is very nice!! He sure got many of his work habits from your dad tho,
that is why he can do so much. Scott is like that too, he fixes a lot of stuff too. So think he is gonna be quite the handyman too.

That's great Jeanette invited you to go to the
bible study, and that you got to go out to lunch with everyone. Makes for a fun week..........

That is great you got your kitchen all squared away, isn't that just the best feeling, and makes it so much easier to work in there too.
I gotta get my fridge cleaned out soon. But right now I am doing my Fall decorating, well not right now.........lol......right now I am writing you!! lol
So guess I had better get busy............
Love ya hon,Nellie

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi,
Now what is the gleam program, have heard nothing about that.........
Nice you are helping out, you are slowly finding your niche, and I bet it feels good, cause I know when things change, especially when it is a big change, it sort of makes us feel lost, but if we wait on the Lord long enough, he shows us what to do.....
Have fun!!!

Love ya, Nellie