Sunday, September 25, 2011

Uptown!






My! I haven't been to restaurants before, where you have waiters instead of waitresses! And they were in jackets (expensive) and ties at that! I begin to look around and see if anyone noticed my feeling of being "out of place." I almost felt like maybe I could have dressed up more elegant or had different responses that didn't seem so.........unsophisticated! When I was asked what I would like to drink, I replied, room temperature water. I was looked at with a questionable expression and asked, "You want no ice!" I said, "Yes, no cold either!" I could see I was greatly entertaining Alice! When he left, I asked her, "Where do you find these places?" If I stop to think, they (waiters) probably ask, "Where do these people come from!" LOL




2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Susie,

Just got your question about the pumpkins. They are that cheap plastic variety that they carry at Walmart.

I have not sprayed the real ones but they last for at least two months when I use them for other decor. They shouldn't have an altered life span with the paint. I usually put them out about now and throw them out after Thanksgiving. They are quite pretty when sprayed,especially the plastic ones that is. They then have some usefulness that I can't really see when they look like tacky plastic pumpkins! Hope that answers your questions!

Love, B

Janet said...

Hi Susan

I like your post. I have been in a few fine restaurants and had to learn a few things. I am sure I stuck out like a sore thumb. When we were on one of our cruises with my sister and brother in law and ate in the fine dining rooms I spilled my soup, accidently flung something off the table, and had bread crumbs all over and I had to remember not to rest my elbows on the table. LOL.....now I just spill everything down the front of my shirt.

Hope you are feeling well and enjoying fall.

Blessings & Love
Janet