Monday, October 3, 2011

GOOD NEWS!






This morning I was in tears. Sam has been in distress to the point of not eating or drinking water. He could hardly stand up, much less walk. I called and made an appointment with my vet (not getting it until 4:40!) I was sure I was going to have to have him put to sleep. So, I did nothing but cry all day. I sat next to him as he was sleeping. He didn't even realize I was there. I was wondering how I was going to get him into my truck. I jingled my keys and he perked a little bit. He always like riding around. I lifted him under his chest and he pushed off with his front feet giving me time to grab his hind quarters lifting him into the back door. (My truck is 4 doored.) I can't believe he stood the whole ride. I met the assistants at the back door because I knew he couldn't walk very far on their slick floors.


*


Once Tom came in, his immediate response was, "Hey, Sam, what's up with you buddy?" He listened to his heart and checked his respiratory and said it was the same as it has been recorded before. (Wouldn't you know, Sam was standing the whole time on the slick metal lift.)


Tom took some blood and gave him a shot. I was so ecstatic I forgot what he said the shot was for. He told me to stop the medication he's on for Cushion's Disease. I'm thinking he may not need it as much now and it may be the factor that has Sam in the lethargic manner he's in. I'm so glad it isn't his age (91.)


*


He's now walking around, eating, and drinking water. What an answer to prayer! The LORD used Tom to answer that pray. I'm so thankful for veterinarians and especially Christian friends who are!


3 comments:

Janet said...

Susan

Such wonderful news. How we worry about abour pets. They are such a great creation from our Lord. You know the issues that I have been going through with mine.

Have a wonderful Day!
Blessings & Love
Janet

Bonnie said...

I am so glad your Sammy is better, Susie! They are so lucky to have you to care for them. Take good care of each other other there, OK? Love Bonnie

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
So glad that shot worked wonders, think the Lord decided to give you some extra time with him.
Is he still as perky as he was the other day??
Hope so.....he is probably feeling better than he
has in years. Terrible what these meds can do to pets and people sometimes.

Know you are a happy camper for sure!! lol

Love ya hon, Nellie