Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Delight



Whoops! I forgot to take a picture before I ate one, ha! This is from a recipe I have had for years! It's very simple and very tasty! It depends upon you with what flavor of apple you like. It can be the Delicious apples, Granny apples, or the tart apples. I get the smallest apples I can find.

*

Recipe: Coating for 6 apples


1/4 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

6 small apples



Pare and core apples. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll apples in the sugar mixture. Spray a glass pie dish with an oil coating and place sugared apples inside. Put the rest of the sugar mixture inside of each cored apple.




Cake Mixture


2/3 cup flour

2/3 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 egg

3 Tablespoons butter

1 teaspoon vanilla



Combine dry ingredience. Separately mix egg, butter, vanilla. Add to dry ingredients. Mix well.

Place some of the batter inside each apple. Place rest on each apple and allow to coat the sides of the apples. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve hot with whipped cream or ice cream. It is also great to eat after it has been refrigerated. The coating gets really chewy like candy.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Susan

LOL....looks yummy. I will have to try it. I love apples and anything that is made with them.

Hope you are enjoying the Christmas Season. I am. I am excited for all the family to come on December 24th since that is when we are celebrating this year.

Merry Christmas
Love & Blessings
Janet

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
boy, those apples look good, can hardly wait to have some on Christmas. Maybe you should make 7
and we will save 2 of Dee and Jerry for the evening meal. I am baking cranberry/orange bread
right now for our neighbors. It sure smells delightful.......makes me want to get into it!! lol
We weren't able to find either of those movies on netflix unfortunately. they usually have almost everything.

Have a good evening hon, sorry I haven't been by in awhile, I pretty much am just commenting back when people come over to my blog, and once in awhile I get to visit others.........when I get a free minute.

Have a good night,
Love ya, Nellie