Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hodge-Podge Saturday


Flowers that last! These I have had for about
six years. The house had white walls for 19
years. When mom passed away, I put myself
into painting the inside of my house. This
color on the walls is so unusual. The color
gets darker, the less light you have. So,
during the day the walls look light in color.
At twilight or after dark and you have the
lights on, the walls are a deeper salmon
color! My neighbor friend, Alice and I
found these beautiful flowers that went
with the decor.





YES, those two are still the mums I have left
over from my bouquet of flowers. They are now
FOUR WEEKS OLD! The flowers I bought and
placed in the back have a wonderful bright
color. It amazes me how bright they are in
the low light!


This grandfather clock is a family loom.
My Uncle Ernest, mom's brother, put it
together from a kit back in the 1960's.
As you can see, I have two of the weights
put aside (on the right.) I could not take
the EVERY 15 MINUTES CHIMING
throughout the night!!!
*
Well, I'll let you go. I have to get started
finding pictures for next week's
Hodge-Podge Saturday!



3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

I can't believe it, I left a comment and that silly scambled word thing popped up again right as I clicked it off, so I lost it. Ugh!!

Well, let me see if I can remember what I said before !! lol
I have always loved those Amarillos cause they are so pretty and match so well and look so real.
Your new real flowers are pretty too, and our wedding pic cracks me up.......we look so young!! lol
I have always loved that pic of Mom and Dad
they look so happy!!
I have always thought that grandfather clock was so beautiful and could never get over that Uncle Ernest built it himself. He was
quite a talented man I would say.
Glad your friend Michele is doing fine and the surgery went well, will pray she recovers quickly. Nice you took food to them, I am sure they were thrilled.
Well, have a good rest of the weekend
and see ya tomorrow.
Love ya, Nellie

Janet said...

Hi Susie

I love your grandfather clock. I have always wanted one. We have a cuckoo clock that we brought back from Germany. A real treasure.
Your flowers are pretty too.

Thank you for the prayers for my friend Diane. She is not doing so well today but I know that Jesus is right there with her.

Blessings & Hugs
Janet

Bonnie said...

Susie, nice photos. I personally like the silk flowers although some people do not. I like them because you don't have to keep replacing them all the time and they always look symmetrical and healthy for dead things. LOL! Actually we in the business that like them call them everlasting! How's your photo sorting going?

Hugs, B