Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hodge-Podge Saturday


Care for some music? I love Roy
Orbison's unique voice as is
Barry Gibb's! Barry can't
croon as well as Roy, however!
Oh, my dear! What it is to watch
and listen to in surround sound! It's
as good as being at the real thing.
The floor viberates, music comes
from every direction. You feel
like you're standing on stage
right in the middle of them!



I know you already know my favorite
two movies! It's too hard for me to
choose John over the other guys.
I guess this is one advantage of
being single; you can daydream
about your movie stars even though
I am in my ??'s and they are in
their 70's, 80's, or passed on!




Now, what are movies without our
feathered friends? I know my
parrot friend is looking at how
his neighbor made it on site
with the birds! I love stories
of wildlife animals too.
Besides horses, I have bears,
pigs, fish, cats.....the list
could go on.
*
So, I will just wait until the $6, $8,
or $10 ticket movies are on dvd
and rent (or purchased those I
cherish, ha!)


4 comments:

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Hi Susie,

I hope you are better by now!

Don't you just love music and movies? They can just really transport us and lift us and entertain us and evoke emotions in us. I love that. We saw a great movie this weekend called Shadows in the Sun. Filmed in Italy and excellent tale about two writers. Good message, serious, funny, thought provoking. I could watch movies every day. They can be so inspiring if you pick good uplifting one.

And I think I may have mentioned I had recently discovered the Celine Dion that goes beyond her Movie hits. She is amazing.

I have to admit on threat of you being totally disillusioned with me I am not a John Wayne fan but I do love the BeeGees if that helps neutralize things! LOL!

I love what you said about the old geezers that are either dead or in the 80's. You can still daydream if married and the sad part is when you are doing it and realize that guy is young enough to be your son. Yikes! That is the fun of movies and movie stars..pure fantasy! Non-threatening fun.

Mu daughters and I have this funny game we play sometimes when we are bored. Some of the questions are like 'Who would you like to have lunch with, living or dead?"
The one that always gets us laughing is, 'Who would you like to see lying on the couch taking a nap?' It is like there is a really nice looking guy and you just want to stare but you don't want to talk to him, have him see you...you just want to really look at him for a few minutes. That has been hilarious for us sometimes. Inexpensive entertainment. Crazy I know!

Anyway I liked your post a lot! I hope you can completely de-stress and enjoy a great summer.

Janet said...

Cute post. It looks like you are Marvin would get a long very well with your taste in music and movies. I like John Wayne and Bee Gees too..

Have a happy week! I hope you are feeling better! and no I will not be going down the waterslides. I hate heights anyway. LOL

Blessings
Janet

chiefg said...

Love the birds susie!
Delton