Monday, January 25, 2010

What a fish tale!

The summer of 1962! Dad didn't fool
around with pole fishing, he just went
skin diving and got his fish with one
"catch!" We kids like to play cowboy
and Indians. Dad caught me with
my cap gun six shooters and had
me pose.
"Who wears short, shorts; mom wears
short, shorts!" Mom and dad's friend
was into photography and took this
picture from another "big catch."
You can see the fish have their own
distinctive markings. These two fish
were small in comparison to some others
dad got. He fashioned a power head that
used 45 bullets. It would take the fish
down immediately and could be hauled
into the boat quickly. Before, he would have
to tie off his spear to the boat while the
fish would pull the boat up and down
the channel until it gave out; which could
be hours.


In this case, the big one didn't get away!

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
That pic of you with the gun to the fish is hysterical. So cute!
Dad always did have clever ideas, didn't he??
Cute pic of him and Mom, I remember seeing that before. Dad sure looks like a happy camper in that pic. Can't say Mom looks too thrilled, she is probably thinking I don't want my pic taken right now!! lol she looks a lil reluctant, makes me think that is why dad is grinning so much!!
Wow, can't believe how much Jimmy looked like him when he was younger, Amazing!
and those big jewfish amaze me everytime
I see them. They are one big fish!!
Good Eating I might add!!
Have a great day hon,
Love ya, Nellie

Journey said...

Now that is a REAL fish story. It has been a while since I saw those pictures!!!!

Love Ya...
Your Bro...

chiefg said...

Now that's a SAILORS tale for ya!!!! He puts me to shame!
Delton